Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Below is one of the favorites of the Scouts and I can say that I like it as well. It is pretty simple and can be made in a Dutch oven on a campout or in a regular baking dish in the oven at home. Try it and I will bet you will like it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and stir ground beef in the Dutch oven over medium heat until no longer pink and completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes; season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup and green beans into the cooked ground beef.
- Layer tater tots evenly over the ground beef mixture.
- Top with Cheddar cheese.
Bake until tater tots are golden brown and hot, 30 to 45 minutes
The green beans are an optional item but recommended since you should always eat something green.